Monday, May 24, 2010

Crossroads or Mid-life Crisis?

Do you ever feel like you're just wandering along? Down whatever road life has plopped you on? I feel a lot like that today. I don't think that I chose this path - it's merely the result of previous decisions or mistakes I have made. I'm fairly certain this road has no definite purpose and therefore, neither do I right now. And as depressing as that sounds, it's more frustrating to feel this way - like I'm torn in a million different directions, unsure of who I am or what I want to become.

There are a few things I'm very sure of - I'm very blessed to have my family and my health. There are so many others who are ill or alone. I feel like I have some talents in different areas, but how to harness them and get them to work together? I've too many interests and not enough time . . . . quilting, photography, genealogy. . . I love them all! And those are just the major ones!

I feel like I'm on the brink of something big and how the next few years go will determine what path my life will take. I so want to get this right!

I'm so sorry for throwing this little pity party - I certainly don't mean to drag anyone else down, but I just needed to vent a little. Maybe soon I'll chose the right door or the right tunnel and take off running! Pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. Your post...I could have written it myself, word for word! Don't apologize for throwing a pity party; your words made me feel better -- now I know I'm not the only one to feel this way! : )

    ReplyDelete