Friday, June 11, 2010

So Excited!

Here is the absolutely finished top - hanging in a friend's beautiful home! I have learned to love this quilt, but I'm also very glad it is finished!


The matching throw pillows:

The matching pillowcases:
Then there are the three commission quilt tops I just finished for retiring high school teachers - I didn't know I was to do them until the first of May - I think I may have driven myself crazy trying to get them finished by the end of school. They are at the long arm quilter's now.
The first is for Mrs. Schimmel - these are blocks I bought a long time ago, and just set them together:
This is Mrs. Smith's - I had lots and lots of 2.5" squares and had fun using random squares and random whites and creams for this top. Can you find the block? I'll give you a hint: look for a 9 patch with a black center!
This is Mrs. Collins' quilt. It gave me fits as it is set on point, and I wanted the red and blue chains to run together across the top. The cream border fabric raveled like mad, but once it was done, I think it's my favorite of the three.
We're getting ready to go to the NQA show in Columbus next week for the Quilt Judging seminar and then we're off to the WV Quilters' Quilt Festival in Summersville to be a judging assistant and vendor. I'm so excited, but there's still soooo much to do and get ready!
Have a glorious day, all!
Barbara

















2 comments:

  1. WOW! These are GORGEOUS!!! I found you on the quilting bloggers from WV. = D I'm from Milton

    ReplyDelete