Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brrrrr!! It's cold out there!

Yesterday was my son's 12th birthday and his only request was to have some friends over. He had basketball practice in the morning then we went to Pizza Hut/Wingstreet for lunch. After we got home, he and his friends played video games and then went out into the snow to play. We all went to the elementary school tournament games last night and then three of the boys, including his cousin, Ethan, stayed overnight. I know that they were awake at 5:00 this morning, because so was I! But they've had fun - what a blessing it is to hear kids giggling!

Time to tie up a few loose ends today and this week. Got to finish prepping the top of the "Salt, Pepper and a Dash of Spice" for the longarm quilter; put labels on the retirement quilts and clean my sewing room - it's an awful mess!!

I got my registration materials back from the NQA, IQA and AQS shows and the Jackson's Mills retreat, so I'm all set for that. Plus I have my Judges Certification Program materials to work on and lots of new books to read for the program. Not to mention recleaning the house and doing laundry! Yep, lots to do today! Best get started, I suppose . . . .

Have a glorious Sunday, everyone!

Barbara Ann

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Will you be attending the IQS in Cincinnati? I also live in West Virginia, and hope to attend the show, perhaps take a class. Enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right..........nothing more beautiful to hear than the laughter of children.....enjoy.

    Happy Sewing and thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete