If I had known 20 years ago that I would be where I am right now, there might have been a few things along the way I would have not done or at least done differently. Twenty years ago, I was a freshman in high school and my boyfriend of three years was in his senior year. I was wavering between becoming a teacher or a nurse, and dreaming of a big house with a white picket fence. The world was wide open and the options seemed endless.
If I had known then what I know now, I would have studied harder in Microbiology in college and stayed put instead of leaving Glenville when I missed the “C” by one point. Then again, if I HAD become the nurse I wanted to be, I might not be where I am now. I might not have my two loving, wonderful children, I probably would not have opened my fabric shop (www.heavenlyhillsfabrics.com), applied for the Judge Certification Program with the NQA and definitely would not have taught my first quilting class last Saturday.
Not only that, I would not have met and made so many terrific friends that I now enjoy. Life is full of choices ~ each one a step on our life’s path. Sometimes we jump forward, sometimes we fall back. The trick is to always be moving, never be stagnant, never be content with just what IS ~ always be looking forward to what COULD be.
So in that regard, my giveaway for the Quilting Gallery’s Blog Hop Party is a group of products that can be used as building blocks for you to create – to express yourself through this glorious craft we call quilting.
- Fons & Porter Hand Quilting Needles – 20 count
- “Royal Crown” pattern by Marjorie Rhine of Quilt Design Northwest
- 4 1/2” Easy Angle ruler (same type of ruler used by Bonnie Hunter of www.quiltville.com)
- “The Quilting Answer Book” by Barbara Weiland Talbert
- Yardage Bundle of assorted neutrals – 4 one yard pieces
This package is worth nearly $60 at retail and you can win it for free by doing the following:
- Become a new follower of my blog
- If you have a blog, post about the Blog Hop Party to help spread the word.
- Tell me about it – make ONE comment (just one!) and tell me that you’re a new follower and that you’ve blogged about the giveaway party. Wrap up your post by telling me one, single, solitary thing you’ll do in 2012 to express yourself creatively – how will YOU move forward??
The giveaway will stay open until next Saturday, December 17th at midnight. I will announce the winner of the random drawing on the morning of Sunday, December 18th.
I apologize for not getting this posted sooner in the day – comments on this post only will be considered for the drawing. I will be sending emails to those who commented on yesterday’s post so that they may revisit and enter for a chance to win.
Have a wonderful day and a very productive 2012! I’m looking forward to hearing from you!!