I'm in my sewing room this morning ~ very early, 'cause I just couldn't get back to sleep. I worked on basting down the stars and hearts in the toddler quilt (shown in my last post) so that I could remove all the straight pins. Ironed the top, folded it and put it away.
This was an original design, but I didn't count on the difficulty of piecing those triangles - I cut out 2 sets, but I'm going to have to take this one apart. The seams are terrible!! Any ideas??
This was started at the Molasses Festival in Arnoldsburg two years ago - I was trying to use just the fabrics from my shop (http://www.heavenlyhillsfabrics.com/) - Lakehouse Pearl. I have the plan for it.This was from the quilt retreat at Jackson's Mills two years ago - a "New York Beauty" class with Kathy of Pieces of the Past shop in Harrisville - she's just super! It was my first "real" project with paper piecing and curves. I really like this one and need to get it together . . .
These blocks were from an online quilt forum swap - I need to just get them set together.
This is a Storm at Sea set that I made in Columbus in a class with Charlotte Angotti, who, by the way, is just terrific! And the kits cut by John Flynn are just wonderful to work with - laser cut for accuracy!
The large pink pieced blocks are from a swap - the embroidered ones are from Ebay - the setting design is my own.This was a wild hair I had - the WV Quilters guild has a Little Quilt Auction at their now annual show to raise money. I had plans to finish this as a donation - there were three others embroidery blocks that needed to be a centerpiece for small quilts and I had hoped to at least finish one! Ah, well, there's next year's show, I guess!
This is the purple and yellow Sister's Choice from the retreat at Hawk's Nest with Bonnie Hunter - it was a great time and I'd like to get this top together - I think it will turn out quite pretty.And this was a start of a pastel stars quilt for my Mom from many, many moons ago - I think it's a Judy Martin pattern, but I don't know now which book it's from.
And the promised progress photo of the brights and blacks swap - this photo is rather outdated now. As of today, Nov. 26th, this top is together and mostly finished! I made a center block as a label and just need to get the info on it. I will post the picture when the rest of my quilt holders get back home!
As long as this post is, there are still more UFOs, but I just can't bore you any longer. I'm off to a slow start, but a finish IS a finish after all! Thanks for your patience and understanding!