Sunday, February 25, 2018

Tying Up Loose Ends

My full time job as Distribution Supervisor at an oil and gas company includes many, MANY hours of sitting in front of a computer screen.  While I enjoy my work, when I come home, one of the last things I want to do is work on the computer at home.

So, today is a computer day (or at least a morning) for tying up loose ends . . . like tax returns and wrapping up some photo edits and replying to emails.  There's a pork roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot that's making the house smell oh, so good, and after lunch, I'm heading for the sewing room!

But first, I have to brag a bit on my daughter, my baby girl . . . if you're not into that, please scroll on . . .
Jessie and Darren - January 2018
She's my oldest child and the one who tested me the most.  But she's also helped me grow and define myself.  I was 19 yrs old when she was born and while I had experience with children helping my Mom babysit for years, it is SO very different when it's your baby.  I was scared and anxious - - - I wanted to be a good Mommy, no, really, I wanted to be the BEST Mommy.  I set high standards for myself, my home, my relationships with my husband and my child and one by one, life whittled them down.  I tried, I cried, I finally grew up and into the roles of Wife and Mother.  And Jessie saw it all.  And still loved me.

Her last year of high school was the hardest on all of us.  She has always been very driven and ambitious, and she was determined to make her own path on her own terms.  Life has whittled on her some too, but I have watched her rise above so much and come out stronger and more confident for having weathered the storms.  She's had to adjust her dreams and goals as her path has changed over time, just as we all have. 

She is kind, she is smart and she is beautiful.  And I couldn't be more proud of my daughter as she grows into the life roles she has been given.

Watch for more news on her work as a personal trainer in the coming months - - - I'm so excited for her and eager to see where this new path will lead her and her family!

7 comments:

  1. I think you have written this content very thoughtfully, and it is great that every person has some skill in life and you also have a skill, using which you write a beautiful post. I am very happy to see your post, hope you will keep writing such posts in life. you are the best post writer. VIP Girl Bhiwadi
    Gurugram Girl Number
    IMT Manesar Girl low price
    Hyderabad Party Girl
    College Girl Gurugram
    newly married Girls Bhiwadi
    VIP girl mahipalpur

    ReplyDelete